Saturday, May 23, 2009

Juice Me, Feed Me

This little girls stubborness and independence is definitely shining through now. I do well with this when she wants to entertain herself on the floor, but when she attempts to take the spoon out of our hands to feed herself...that's where I just have to draw the line. I know I should just let her experiment and feed herself....or at least try, but I just can't bring myself to it! I don't know if it's the fact that we are renting, and I would have to clean the carpets every time that she decided to throw her food off the side of her high chair, or if it is just that she is growing up too fast and I want to feed her a bit longer before I turn it over to her. She has so far learned to love green beans, sweet peas, sweet potatoes, pears, bananas, and mixed berries. The pears are a bit sour. But she makes this adorable face and shakes her head, and has us laughing until tears come! She's such a great little girl! She has such a strong personality, and she's strong willed. Not sure if that's good or bad yet. I guess in some aspects, it's good. In others, it's not so great! But, regardless, we love her and enjoy every waking moment with her!


Layla Jade is now to the age where I can switch out her formula with juice once, sometimes twice a day if she does well digesting it, a day. She got to the point, a while back, where SHE wanted to be the one to hold her bottle and no one else! She is growing so fast! Time seems to fly now. She's rounding, all too quickly, on seven months. Her favorite juice is white grape. She's not too keen on the mixed fruit juice that the infant aisle carries. I guess it's an aquired taste that she hasn't quite aquired just yet.



This is the first video clip of eating pears. It's great!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Too cute! Can't wait to see that little booger again!