Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Own Little Flipper And A New Friend

Today, Layla Jade and I went to a friends house to play in the pool and try out that awesome "crab" float that Memum got for her. While we were there, Layla Jade made a new friend. Let me introduce you to Lillie Ann, also known as Lillie Pi. Lillie will turn 2 in July, and was absolutely crazy about her new little play mate! She helped her put her paci in her mouth, helped put sun screen on the "her" baby, and swam with us. We also met up with two other close friends of mine, Elizabeth and Jeremy. Layla Jade loved the pool, and was very much so interested in the other "little" person. She kicked herself around in her float, and was at peace with it for nearly an hour.

Renita, Lillie, and Layla Jade.
Lillie loved Layla Jade. She called her "her" little Angel! So cute!

A little while after being in the pool, I decided to get my camera and take a few snapshots of this cutie in her "crab" float for everyone to see! She was showing out for me, kicking around and spashing the water in her "mini" pool in the crab's smile! My water baby! She looked so cute today in her little tankini and her lacie bonnet! Those big blue/green eyes wide open and very aware of her surroundings.

Then there was a big smile as I snapped the last shot of her in the pool. She was chatting as she did so! I took her out after I took the pictures to swim on my back, and let her ride on my chest. I kept one arm over her so she wouldn't try to roll off, just in case. But, she didn't even attempt to roll off. She was too intrigued by splashing the water on my chest in to my face, all while kicking with her legs. I hope she will be a water baby like I was. I have always loved the water. Just disliked the sunscreen that got in my eyes. I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day in the pool with this little one. I can honestly say we had a big splash of fun! Afterwards, Layla Jade was tuckered out. I gave her some juice to keep her hydrated, and chatted for a few minutes more before walking out to the car. On the way to the car, she fell asleep in my arms not to wake up when I put her in her seat, nor to take her out of her seat. She ended up going to bed about an hour after we got home. She has slept peacefully since!



No comments: